As well as the exercises above looking at purpose statements, below are some questions and exercises to help you explore what your next steps might be:
- Have the leadership come to a shared belief about what being purpose-led really means and what it implies for the future of the business?
- Who is leading the work? Where does the final responsibility for agreeing to the purpose lie?
- Is there a process for wider consultation both within and outside the business?
- Is it clear how the purpose will inform the core business strategy and guide decision making?
- Does the purpose address the perceived ‘ills’ in the business sector?