A Blueprint for Better Business – 2 month Internship Opportunity
Deadline: Friday 7th October
Duration: 2 months
Start date: Monday 17th October
Salary: £18,000 p.a. pro rata (negotiable for applicants with more experience)
What is a Blueprint for Better Business?
A Blueprint for Better Business is a charity which exists to support and challenge business to be a force for good. It does this by encouraging companies to operate true to a purpose that serves society, respects the dignity of people and thereby generates a fair return for responsible investors.
The Blueprint movement is anchored in an independent charity – the Blueprint Trust. We are not a membership organisation, kite-mark or a compliance body. Association with the movement is voluntary and free. We are not funded by business, but by charitable foundations and individuals. Our work is not about compliance or regulation but about stimulating and energizing positive behavioural change.
A Blueprint for Better Business is at an exciting growth stage. Working with us will give the intern a wide range of transferable skills. We are a small team of five people and our work is supported by a number of volunteer senior advisers. Working with such a small team will give the intern exposure to high level strategy and decisions, with opportunities to attend meetings and gain an insight into different areas of Blueprint’s work.
Further information on our work can be found at www.blueprintforbusiness.org
A Blueprint for Better Business is searching for a graduate intern to support the work of the existing team. The intern role will involve a number of responsibilities to include:
- Monitoring daily newspapers for relevant articles to distribute to the team
- Helping to keep our social media active, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Supporting our communications activities, such as helping to draft articles for our website and main stream media outlets
- Keeping our website up to date
- Formatting and preparing PowerPoint presentations for public speeches and presentations.
- As we are a small team, there will also be other one-off tasks to support other team members with their work, such as preparing research briefs on a company or helping to compile reports.
We are looking for someone with
- An interest in social media and communications
- An eye for detail, quality and consistency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident user of social media, in particular Twitter and LinkedIn
- Some experience with WordPress websites is desirable
- An academic background in a relevant area (for example: business, marketing, philosophy, economics) is desirable but not essential
Our last intern said: ‘This internship has given me a wide variety of practical experience, and allowed me to develop real skills that will help me in my future career. It’s an exciting time to be involved with Blueprint, and I’ve loved working alongside the rest of the team.’
To apply for the role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th October.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 10th October.