We are hiring – Projects and Operations Assistant
We are looking for a project and operations assistant to join our small but passionate team, dedicated to making business a force for good.
This is a new role which will evolve as existing and new projects develop. We are therefore looking for someone who is comfortable with a bit of ambiguity and happy to flex as the role evolves.
This would be the perfect role for you if you are curious and eager to learn about what makes a truly purpose-led business that makes a positive contribution to society.
As a small team we regularly meet to discuss and agree our priorities and you will be part of these discussions. We want you to learn and develop during your time with us and there will be opportunities to attend meetings, gain an understanding of the different aspects of our work and to contribute your ideas to inform our strategy and approach.
Your responsibilities and tasks will vary as different projects and areas of work evolve, but some examples include:
- Capturing and sharing learnings from specific areas of our work, for example supporting a community of practice we have co-created that seeks to bring together learning from a growing number of people from large organisations who are leading their organisations to be purpose-led. Tasks will typically include:
- attending meetings and capturing the key points discussed
- synthesising and making sense of key learnings from the discussions
- inviting and collating insights and reflections from the participants
- pulling together the learnings into reports and other formats that can be shared with the community
- supporting and enhancing communication across the community
- evolving new ways to effectively share the learnings beyond the community.
- Supporting team members with projects or other one-off tasks as they arise, for example:
- carrying out research and pulling together findings or recommendations to inform specific projects, events or other areas of our work
- pulling together reports or presentations
- providing project management and other assistance to the team to support our external meetings and events
- helping with the general operations of the charity
You will have an affinity with our ethos and approach, care about the role of business in society and have an avid interest in purpose-led business.
Other skills and attributes you will bring include:
- ‘team player’ mentality, with energy, enthusiasm and a curiosity and willingness to learn and to get involved in a variety of different tasks
- excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- the ability to make sense of a lot of information without losing the different perspectives and nuances
- extremely well organised, so you are able to keep on top of working on multiple projects at any one time
- comfortable working independently with little supervision, but at the same time being aware of when you need to seek guidance or support
- a good listener and the ability to engage in constructive and respectful dialogue, even if you disagree with some of the views being expressed
- high emotional intelligence and a pleasant and professional manner
- proactive and confident in engaging with the different members of the team and others outside the organisation
- competence in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- experience of working with WordPress and in using social media (in particular LinkedIn)
What we offer
- A gross salary of £27,000.
- Hybrid working, with only one fixed day in the office a week (usually a Thursday) although you will be required to attend other meetings in London or other locations as needed.
- 30 days paid holiday per calendar year pro rata, plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, which is in addition to your paid holiday allowance.
- Pension Scheme with a 13% employer contribution (employee contribution of 1%)
- Health plan with Vitality
- Group life assurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4 please) telling us why you would like to join our team and what you feel you could bring to the role.
Please email applications and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 5 June 2023
A full job spec is attached Job opportunity – Projects and Operations Assistant