Written by Michael Hilton and Charles Wookey
A Blueprint for Better Business was invited to share a paper ahead of the meeting of the OECD Global Parliamentary Network, hosted by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Inclusive Growth, in London, 4-5 April 2018. Below is a summary of the report and the full text can be downloaded here.
We are looking for an intern to work with us for 3 months.
Working with our five-person team will give you exposure to high-level strategy and decisions, with opportunities to attend meetings and gain an understanding of different areas of Blueprint’s work.
A Blueprint for Better Business is an independent charity, which helps businesses be a force for good, by being inspired and guided by a purpose that serves society.
Our work challenges core assumptions about the purpose of business and what motivates people and helps businesses see that they can operate in a way that benefits both business and society. Much of our work is with senior leadership teams in large corporates, but we also work with investors, NGOs, academics, coaches and consultants, the media and others. Through ongoing dialogue and our workshops and events, we support business leaders to overcome the challenges and unlock the opportunities of staying true to a purpose that serves society.
For more information go to www.blueprintforbusiness.org or find us on Twitter: @Blueprint4biz.
The role is flexible and the specific tasks will vary according to the team’s ongoing projects but will include:
- Research and compiling briefings to help the team prepare for meetings
- Providing assistance to the team in planning events for business leaders and for our network
- Working with the COO to draft reports for donors and Trustees
- Helping to prepare presentations for public speeches given by the team
- One-off tasks to assist other team members with their work, for example in fundraising, or communications
We want you to learn and develop during your time with us, and so if there are particular projects and work streams that you would like to learn more about, we will do our best to accommodate this where possible.
The role is based in central London.
We are looking for someone with:
- An affinity with our ethos and approach
- An eye for detail, quality and consistency
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A ‘team player’ mentality and a flexible approach
As a charity which tries to live true to our principles, we will be using a blind recruitment process. Therefore, to apply, please send us a copy of your CV with your name, gender, age and the names of schools or universities removed from it. In addition to your CV, please include a short cover note with a paragraph or two about why you would like this role.
Email applications and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 9 April 2018
Interviews: w/c 23 April
Start date: 1 May 2018 or ASAP thereafter
Salary: £22k pa (pro-rated)