A Blueprint for Better Business is seeking an experienced professional, with appropriate experience, who can drive forward our work with large corporates.
A Blueprint for Better Business is a charity whose purpose is to help business be guided and inspired by a purpose that benefits society. Our work is about stimulating and energising change in business behaviour, through challenging and encouraging businesses to embrace a different way of thinking about their purpose, and what motivates people. At the core of Blueprint are Five Principles of a Purpose Driven Business and A Framework to Guide decision making.
Part of our work is to help change the conversation about the purpose of business through dialogue with key influencers such as investors, academics, policy makers, NGOs, consultants to business and others, as well as through our social media, forums, conferences, events and collaboration with organisations with similar objectives. However, we also work 1:1 with a small number of large corporates to help them change. Our work is focused primarily on senior people, and on large corporates because of their scale and reach. Our work with businesses is restricted to being a catalyst for change; we are not change consultants. We are a charity funded by charitable foundations and individuals and do not accept money from business. Engagement with us is voluntary and free and is not about kite-marks or compliance.
About The Role
The role is to lead on our work with large corporates, working closely with our CEO.
We have recently started working with a small number of companies in what we are describing as a ‘social contract’. This is a non-legal, non-financial arrangement, where we make a shared commitment to work together with a company, over an 18-24-month period. Under the arrangement, members of our team have regular contact with the CEO and other key senior people in the company to challenge and support their thinking and their journey to being better businesses, using the Blueprint Principles as a provocation. Key elements include:
- Regular (usually bi-monthly) 1:1 meetings or calls with the CEO
- Regular (monthly) peer mentoring meetings and/or calls with senior people in the organisation responsible for driving and implementing the company’s strategy.
- Invitations to regular forums every 6 months or so with their peers in other companies to share experiences and ideas
- Workshop(s) for their leadership or other teams using the Blueprint Principles and Framework as a provocation
Your role will include:
- Strengthening and developing relationships with key contacts in large corporates either through the social contract arrangement or other approaches, as appropriate to the company concerned
- Working alongside Blueprint’s CEO to inspire the adoption of the Blueprint thinking and to help build a pipeline of companies for us to work with
- Convening appropriate forums for senior business leaders to help challenge conventional thinking
- Working with the Blueprint CEO and others to deliver workshops for corporates
- Convening and leading regular forums for practitioners from corporates to share their experiences and to help them learn from and support each other
- Liaising / working with coaches and consultants with experience working with large corporates e.g. through convening action learning sets to help them share experiences and support each other.
- Collating and sharing key learnings made by people working with the Blueprint approach
- Acting as an ambassador for Blueprint at appropriate events and forums
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about business being a force for good in society
- Has an affinity with the Blueprint ethos and approach
- Has the ability to demonstrate credibility with senior people in large corporates, in particular CEOs
- Has experience either working with senior leaders in a corporate environment, with some involvement in management or in implementing change, or as a consultant working with large corporates
- Has proven coaching and facilitation skills
- Is comfortable interacting with senior business people
- Is a team player
- Has good communication skills
- Is able to translate complex ideas into practical actions
A 1 year employment contract initially, subject to review (with a 3 month probation period).
This is a full time role, but we are open to discussing a part time arrangement (minimum of 3 days per week).
A Blueprint for Better Business supports diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst our offices, and many of the clients we work with, are based in London, the role does not need to be 100% office based, we are open to flexible working.
As a charity which tries to live true to our own principles, we will be running a blind recruitment process. To apply, please send us a copy of your CV with your name, gender, and age removed from it. In addition to your CV, please send us a cover letter explaining why you would love this role.
Email applications and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2018
Interviews: Monday 12th November 2018
Start date: early January 2019
Salary: £80k (for a full time role) subject to experience plus 8% employer contribution to workplace pension.